- Create a new Contact property in your HubSpot account called “Copy of VID”.
- Download the “sync-vid-as-contact-property.php” file using the form below. Then, upload it to your web host.
- Open your “sync-vid-as-contact-property.php” file and in the “Configuration” section, enter your HubSpot API key.
- In the “Configuration” section, enter the Internal Name of the property you created in Step 1.
- Run this script by going to your “sync-vid-as-contact-property.php” file in your web browser. It will take a few minutes to load.
- Check your Contacts to see if the “Copy of VID” property is now set to each Contact’s corresponding VID.
- In order to keep the “Copy of VID” property synced for current and future Contacts, create a new Standard Workflow called “Sync VID as Contact Property”.
- Edit the workflow’s start so that Contacts are enrolled automatically when the “Copy of VID” Contact property is unknown.
- Add a “Trigger a webhook” action to the workflow. Select the GET method. For the webhook URL, enter the full URL of your “sync-vid-as-contact-property.php” file.
- Create a new Contact in your account. After a few minutes, go to the Contact’s properties and double-check that “Copy of VID” was set correctly by the workflow.
Original feature request
Enabling use of the vid (HubSpot’s visitor identification number) would let us do a multitude of things internally.
Everything from incentivized Friend referral programs to eCommerce Discounts to deeper Lead Scoring tracking techniques.