A refresh token is like a lot like a username and password that allows you to connect to your HubSpot account. But more importantly, having a refresh token allows you to use all of the tutorials on this website with your HubSpot account.
When you create a new refresh token, any tokens that you previously created will no longer work. To avoid this, you should only get a refresh token once, and then save it in a safe place just like it was an important password.
If you accidentally create another refresh token, it’s not the end of the world. It’s just really inconvenient. You will need to figure out all of the places that you are currently using your old refresh token and then replace it with your new one.
- Go to https://login.hubspot.com/login/ and log in to your HubSpot account.
- Once you have logged in, look in the top right corner of your screen and find your Hub ID underneath your name. In the example image below, the Hub ID is “123456”.
- Enter your Hub ID in the text field below and click “Sign in with HubSpot” which will open up a new window.
- On the next screen, click the “Authorize” button in order to let Hubhacker.com access your HubSpot account and create a refresh token for you. Don’t worry, your HubSpot account information is not stored in any way by Hubhacker.com.
- You will then be redirected to a page on Hubhacker.com that will have your refresh token. Copy the refresh token and store it in a safe place, just like you would an important password. The next time you need a refresh token, you won’t have to go through this process again, you can just use the one that you have already created.
Congratulations! You are like Charlie and the chocolate factory and your refresh token is your golden ticket. Now you will be able to use all of the tutorials on this website to make your HubSpot account do incredible things.