- Download the “create-hubspot-task-in-workflow.php” file using the form below. Then, upload it to your web host.
- Open your “create-hubspot-task-in-workflow.php” file. In the “Configuration” section, enter the description that the task will have.
- In the “Configuration” section, enter a random username and password.
- In the “Configuration” section, enter your HubSpot API key.
- Open a workflow and add a “Trigger a webhook” action at the point where you want the task to be created.
- Select “POST” for the webhook’s method.
- For the webhook’s URL, enter the full URL of your “create-hubspot-task-in-workflow.php” file, making sure to start with “http://” or “https://”.
- Check the webhook’s “Use authentication?” option. Then, enter the username and password that you created in Step 3 of these instructions.
- Save this new webhook action, then enroll a test contact in the workflow.
Original feature request
Right now users can create a Salesforce Task within a workflow. It would be super cool to also create a HubSpot CRM task.
The uses are endless. But two examples are:
1. Sales users could then add a contact to a prospecting workflow involving a number of calls and emails.
2. Tasks for a sales user to follow up on content downloads could be automatically assigned.